On Saturday 22 December, Mayfield is hosting an immersive, day-long event loosely inspired by the song, The 12 Days of Christmas. Entitled ‘In the Archway of Christmas.. my true love gave to me…’ and appears to be the best way to kick off your Christmas holiday in Manchester. The family-friendly fandango includes traditional Irish ceilidh, food traders, DJs, pottery workshops locally sourced ‘treats’ (in the shape of food and drink) from acclaimed Stockport restaurant, Where The Light Gets In. There will also be a great bar, a raffle and fizz on arrival. All for just £12. So forget about the birds and simply eat, drink, dance and be merry to get into the spirit of the season. The breakdown is as follows:
– 1 ceilidh with Living Room Dance Club
– 2 food traders
– 3 DJs
– 4 free gift making workshops with Easy Peel Studio and Bottle Candle Co
– 5pm treats from Stockport based Where The Light Gets In
– 6 potter’s wheels for free throwing with ceramicist Joe Hartley
– 7 beers in a beer tasting
– 8 hours of fun
– 9 hours if you stay for the lock in
– 10 raffle prizes
– 11 % fizz on arrival
– 12 pounds entry.
See you there.
Sat 22 Dec, Arch 7, Temperance St, Mayfield, Manchester M12 6HR. noon – 8/9pm, £12, www.eventbrite.co.uk
For more Manchester Christmas events click here.
Published on: Tue 20 Nov 2018