Who we are
We are Manchester Wire and our website address is: https://www.manchesterwire.co.uk.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information including name, age and email address Twitter handle
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Manchester Wire with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up to received our weekly newsletters Enter a competition
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- Inform you of prize details if you’ve won a competition
How do we store your data?
Manchester Wire securely stores your data via Mailchimp.com.
How long we retain your data
We will keep your data for 10 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by erasing our MailChimp lists. Alternatively, you have the right to delete your data at any time.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Manchester Wire would like to send you information about products and services that we feature on our website that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Manchester Wire from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Manchester Wire would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Manchester Wire for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Manchester Wire correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Manchester Wire to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Manchester Wire erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Manchester Wire restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Manchester Wire’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Manchester Wire transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and this website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Selected competition data may be shared with third parties – where stated.
If you have any concerns, Manchester Wire can be contacted via email here.
Privacy policies of other websites